Saturday, September 6, 2008

How I Discovered Geocaching


I found my first Geocache by accident while doing some roadside clean up were I was working, at USCG Lorsta Searchlight in Nevada. I found a large clear container stuffed full of toys and paper and was two seconds from throwing it away when someone I was working with said "Noooooo!" He then explained to me what Geocaching was and for about three years I thought about checking it out.
After getting lost in San Francisco and Oakland a couple of times we decided that it was time to get a GPS! My loving wife let me buy a Garmin 60CSx with the extra city street software, for dual purpose. We tried it out for the first time in June 2008, and now I'm hooked!!
I decided to set up this blog to trace our Geocaching journey, post pics, and share adventures with all. Enjoy!

No comments: